…Did you manage to book your first choice of venue, or were you a little late More
Posts by Jackie Basden:
The E&V Team were invited to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, the newest hotel in Bristol. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel offers excellent transport links – 15 minutes walk to Train Station and easy drive to M4/M5 motorways.
The fully furnished venue has 127 standard rooms, 24 executive rooms, and 4 suites. 7 flexible meeting rooms with the latest AV equipment, leisure, on site car parking.
This particular Holiday Inn is very different to the usual brand, offering those extras – for example; all bedrooms have high power rain showers, led TVs, multimedia hubs, iHome docking alarm clocks. The executive rooms enjoy extras such as; 2 led TVs, whirl pool bath, walk-in separate shower, TVs in bathrooms, feature fire, espresso machine & PS3 game console.
Contact the team for more information on this and the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton hotels…
Jackie and Evie recently made the most of the Indian Summer with a trip to the South Coast, to take a look at venues for a Residential client event.
The list of around 9 options had been narrowed down to 4 which were mapped out by E&V – and appointments made (this is all part of the service).
We picked the client up bright and early – with first stop Brighton. Then on to the idyllic setting of a Hotel just over the bridge on Hayling Island.
The most was made of the sunshine with lunch out on the decked garden area before heading off for a more corporate hotel in Portsmouth, which has undergone complete refurbishment within the last 18 months. So, a quick cup of tea before heading off out of Portsmouth to a Hotel with grounds, conservatory dining, extensive spa and gym and some wonderful reclaimed timbers creating a really cosy atmosphere in this otherwise modern hotel. Evie enjoyed the spacious suites and the free WiFi before heading off home.
So now comes the hard bit where the client has to pick their favourite – help and advice to hand but the decision is yours…
The theme of this year’s Conference was Future Vision so plenty of experts predicting where the industry is heading.
* Mid range groups are expected to flourish so the Holiday Inn, Mercure, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inns, Jurys Inn with the 5 star market struggling.
* Better deals can be had for long term regular business as venues are keen to get business on their books – although not always in prime locations.
* LONDON has seen a growth, so rates have stayed high.
* Other cities doing well are BIRMINGHAM and MANCHESTER.
jackie.basden / 0 Comments / Evie's Travels, Out & About / abu dhabi, barcelona, canada, chelsea football club, copthorne, dubai, dublin, european destination, hong kong, las vegas, macau, marco pierre white, millenium, paris, vienna /
3rd – 5th August 2011 the CONFERENCE & INCENTIVE TRAVEL buyers forum was held at Chelsea Football Club, with accommodation in the almost adjoining Millenium & Copthorne Hotels on site. Whilst we didn’t eat at Marco Pierre Whites Restaurant within the complex, we did have a tour of the grounds and changing rooms… some delegates had to be dragged around screaming, and some couldn’t stop grinning, but this was only a small part of the 2 day event.
We met with suppliers from around the UK as well as Europe and further afield.
We met suppliers from The Emirates:
* Dubai is still a big and popular market with flights around 7 hours from Europe to Singapore so a good halfway point for some.
* Abu Dhabi maybe has a little more history but Dubai is still a little more relaxed – but both work for groups.
All the major European destinations were represented from Berlin, Vienna, Dublin, Barcelona, Paris as well as Canada, Macau, Las Vegas and Hong Kong.
There were plenty of networking opportunities and plenty of knowledge gained over the two day event.
* Most have a wow factor, as well as excellent dedicated conference facilities.
* Very ‘meetings focused’ with experienced staff.
* A couple of the hotels may need some pennies spent on them but we know the good ones…
A £1.7 million investment in technology – offering FREE internet for guests and up to 90 Mbps dedicated internet bandwidth for conferences !!!