E&V recently met with a representative from Accor Group. Here you can read some of the latest developments and News within the group:
ACCOR currently have 164 hotels in the UK and aim to have over 300 by end 2014.
The majority of growth can be seen through the Mercure brand
* Mercure – there are 13 new hotels within the brand, making 45 in total.
These tend to be smaller, individual properties with meeting space – either top end of 3 star, or 4 star
* Sofitel – offer a 5 star luxury brand
* MGallery – hotels will be a boutique version of the Mercure “A collection of unique hotels of remarkable character – each hotel tells its own story”.
* The St Ermin’s Hotel London – reopened as a 4 star deluxe luxury hotel under the MGallery collection
* Pullman – a 4 star business hotel will open in London later in the year ………….. WATCH THIS SPACE for the announcement!!!
* Novotel – no new openings to announce. However many have undergone refurbishments; Leeds, Manchester, York and Birmingham. Novotel Glasgow has refurbished bedrooms and public areas
* All Seasons – these are 3 star properties, only 3 in UK with meeting space.
“These Hotels are not to be confused with the Four Seasons … which is a very different product.”
* IBIS – offer a budget brand of hotels, note that standards differ from location to location