MARRIOTT HOTEL GROUP UPDATE… May 2014 – Hot Off The Press!!
A Marriott Group Representative recently visited the E&V Offices… here are the latest Updates and Developments within the Group:
- This is a New 3 Star Brand which will be launched in 2015
- Liverpool and London will be the first to open
- Milan already has new MOXY properties
- Offering ‘Grab and Go Breakfasts’ – these hotels will be an upmarket Holiday Inn Express and Superior to Premier Inn properties
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT:
- All Courtyard by Marriott Hotels are 4 Star
- Hotels offer a slightly reduced service and less Conference Space but same size Bedrooms
- This is a new concept throughout all Marriott branded hotels – adding another dimension to the Group.
- Additional spaces allowed for Sofas, Bean Bags, Games Rooms and something a bit different
- Issue ongoing with charges being made for logging on in bedrooms
- FREE WiFi now offered in all public areas (but not in meeting rooms)
- 1 free log on for Event Organisers but Hotels WILL negotiate
CHECKING IN APP:
- Being rolled out to Marriott properties
- Checking In App will be located at a separate area of the Checking In Desk – just hand over your Credit Card and Collect Key
- Bristol Hotels and many London Hotels already have this new facility – now rolling out to other hotels
RIVER COTTAGE CONCEPT RESTAURANTS:
- So far these can be found in Cardiff Marriott Hotel and Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- A new partnership between Marriott hotel and River Cottage offering local and seasonal food
- Improving the offering at these Restaurants by working with River Cottage – training the team to develop and deliver seasonal menus, sourcing ingredients from local organic and free range suppliers
There are currently 57 properties, many under the Marriott Brand. There are also a number of Hotels under their own brand names –
Threadneedles in London &
Both of these Hotels are part of the ‘AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION’.
St Ermins Hotel, London is part of the ‘ADDITION COLLECTION’.
There will be up to 10 of these properties eventually – very distinctive and special.
CALL +44 (0)800 7723443