Here she is with a birds eye view of Plymouth Hoe.
The hotel is located in the heart of the city on Plymouth Hoe’s cliff tops.
- The hotel has 7 meeting rooms, including a Ballroom which takes up to 425
- Elliott’s Restaurant is located on the Penthouse – 11th floor, with views across Plymouth Sound.
- Exeter International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Plymouth Airport 6 miles from the hotel.
- Yachts moor up next to cafes at the Barbican marina, 5 minutes away
… then why not organise a team building event. Choices ranging from:
* Go Karting
* Motorised Sports (even more fun in the mud!)
* Indoor Team Games
* Apprentice Style Team Challenges
* Or maybe just ice breakers before or during company meetings
Contact the E&V Team direct for more ideas and rates to suit your needs Tel: 0117 9414 888
…Did you manage to book your first choice of venue, or were you a little late and have to take second best because your preferred venue was already booked?
By planning your Christmas Party NOW you will have the pick of the venues, and can also take advantage of any early bird Discounted Rates!
Call our team direct with your enquiry as soon as you know preferred locations, budget, numbers etc.
Let us do the research at no cost – saving you valuable time to continue with other work.
Don’t take our word for it – click on ‘Portfolio’ to read some of our Clients Testimonials from other regular bookers.
Our client Anita, from Astrium at The Shard London …with Charabella, friend of Evie Bear.
…Great Venue and Great View!! The Shard is a 95-storey skyscraper, the tallest in Western Europe. Contact Events & Venues for more information on this venue which will be available for event hire shortly … Tel: 0117 9414 888
This is our Accor Sales rep, believe it or not…
Accor are offering a new promotion throughout their brands at Novotel, Sofitel and Mercure at all their properties in the UK.
E&V have also been updated on new openings within Accor Group.
The E&V staff enjoyed an active visit to Beaumont House – taking part in their Team Building challenges and events… more details to follow shortly
This month Events & Venues attended the following Events, Site Visits and received Updates from the following Hotel Representatives:
- IHG Group rep visit
- Marriott Hotels rep visit
- Puma Hotel Collection rep visit (formerly Barcelo Hotels)
- Ashton Gate Stadium ‘Spotlight on Venues Exhibition’ ..home to Bristol City Football Club
- Munich – client site visit
- Heathrow – client site visit
More information and updates to follow shortly…
This month Events & Venues attended the following Events, Site Visits and Updates from the following Hotel Representatives:
- IHG Group Rep Visit
- Midlands Client Site Visit
- Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa, Sussex
- Beaumont House
- Sorrento, Italy
- Amsterdam Event
EVENTS AND VENUES ATTENDED THE SCOTLAND MEANS BUSINESS EVENT.
This was a 4 day event with a mixture of 1 to 1 appointments with designated venues:
Outstanding venues included:
- Traquair House
- Carberry Tower
- Lennoxlove House
- and of course… a Distillery!!
The event offered the opportunity to visit some amazing venues and hotels – some of which are not open to the public generally. This included a family home (imagine Downton Abbey) with an amazing Art Collection including Tisians and Constables - so a unique opportunity to enjoy a dinner in these unique surroundings.
For the duration we stayed in 4 different hotels, and visited atleast 8 others in and around Edinburgh.
At the end of this trip, I met up with a client on site visits and looked at a hotel in Edinburgh and several in Glasgow.
Contact our Events Team with your enquiries, or for more firsthand information on venues in and around Scotland.
E&V ATTENDED THIS 3 DAY FORUM EVENT WITH OVER 200 EXHIBITORS!
* The event offered a series of 1 to 1 sessions, as well as the opportunity to view Hotels and Venues in and around Lisbon and Estoril.
* Estoril is a Coastal Resort located 1/2 hr drive from Lisbon Airport, and 1/2 hr drive to the Centre of Lisbon.
* Palacio Hotel Estoril was where Ian Fleming first had the idea of writing the James Bond novels.
This 5* historical luxury Golf & Spa Hotel is located very close to the Sintra Mountains which offers an excellent location for Outdoor Activity -
from Landrover Safari drives to Quad Bike activities.
* Lisbon Airport has excellent connections.
* Lisbon was found to be one of the most popular destinations over the last couple of years -
offering excellent value for money, excellent conference facilities and a good climate
THIS YEAR’S EIBTM TOOK PLACE IN THE AWARD WINNING BUSINESS AND TOURISM DESTINATION OF BARCELONA…
EIBTM is the leading global event for the meetings and events industry.
The event gathers over 15,000 industry professionals…this was 3 days of intensive exhibition trawling, with every major destination in the worldwide represented. Most of the cities were represented by Conference Bureaus as well as individual Hotels, Venues and DMCs.
E&V staff stayed at several different hotels throughout the 4 day period, which included a small Boutique Style Hotel just of Las Ramblas and a larger Convention Style Hotel in the Business District.
At the end of the trip E&V spent 2 days on site visits – part of which was done on the back of a customised trike!!
Contact the team at Events & Venues with your worldwide event enquiries
Tel: 0117 9414 888
Last Month Events & Venues received Visits and Updates from the following hotel representatives:
- Warwick Conferences
- Menzies Hotel Group
- Radisson Edwardian
- Exclusive Hotel Group
- BDL Hotels
- The Landmark London Hotel
- Handpicked Hotels
A Menzies Group representative recently visited the offices of Events & Venues. The latest update from the hotel group:
* Overall, Menzies were aware that their brand needed a refresh.
* All hotels are now 4* rating (apart from Aberdeen).
* All hotels have had considerable expenditure – but not just in furnishings.
* Menzies have listened to guest feedback and included a Training Programme for ALL front line staff. This has led to a slicker check in and out with the focus on the guest.
* Menzies Breakfast – they have the biggest offering across the 4* market – with every hotel offering 114 items!
* Locally sourced produce is also important.
Menzies have a new logo which share promotes their image as clean,
fresh and with a little more thought…..
…stare at the M and you will see the H coming through – CLEVER!!
InterContinental representatives from around Europe came to the
E&V Offices recently, meeting Poppy our new recruit.
Here are two of their latest offers highlighted from their office visit…
InterContinental Paris Le Grand : November 2012 Offer
* DDR from 135 euros
* Complimentary Internet Access
* Free Video Projector
* Group upgraded to a superior room category
* Upgraded Coffee Break
* 1 complimentary room per 20 rooms booked (maximum 4 complimentary rooms per night)
InterContinental Carlton Cannes:
To celebrate it’s century the following offers apply
* First 10 rooms at 100 euros including Breakfast, 1st September 2012 to 31st March 2013
* Additional rooms in September are available at 160 euros in September, 140 euros between October 2012 and March 2013 – breakfast included
* Meetings offer includes free internet access in the whole hotel
* Upgraded Coffee Break
(Offers are subject to terms and conditions, and subject to availability. Please contact the team at E&V for more information on this, and other available offers.)
Evie spent two days in Paris looking at venues.
Properties visited included Hotels around Gare de Nord, Porte Maillot and La Defense.
It was raining on our trip to Paris… Evie didn’t want to get wet so she was behind the camera on this occasion.
Norton Grange Hotel & Spa, Winchester – a Q Hotel property has undergone a recent £14 million investment.
*175 modern bedrooms
* 13 elegant bedrooms located within the Manor House
* 16 Meeting Rooms located in the main hotel and Manor House
* Main conference room taking up to 340 delegates
* Tythe Barn provides a perfect venue for themed events and dinners, adjacent to the 17th Century Manor House, with its own kitchen
* Set in 54 acres of grounds. Ideal venue for activity events with ample space for team building
* Easy access to M3, M4 and M27
* Extensive and modern Spa facilities
For further information on Norton Grange and other venues in the Hampshire/Dorset area, contact our Team direct on Tel: 0117 9414 888
Located on the borders of Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire – Wyboston Lakes has 3 venues on their 350 acres site… read on for latest updates from out recent representative visit:
* Facilities include Wyboston Executive Centre, Wyboston Hotel, & Wyboston Training Centre
* Adding a spa – opening Autumn 2012
* Golf areas – one of the areas will be turned into more of Hotel leisure feel
* Located only 20 minutes drive from Milton Keynes
* Nearest Train Station is 6miles to St Neotts on London main line
Wyboston Lakes Executive Centre:
* Offers 25 venue, meeting, event or private dining spaces over 1,000 sqm space – taking up to 270 on flat floor
* Training facilities offer separate lounge area for trainers
Wyboston Lakes Training Centre:
* Currently refurbishing bedrooms, also changing bathrooms to shower rooms resulting in larger bedroom space
* Bedroom refurb will be completed by end August 2012
* Meeting space is a little more basic, offering all relevant AV equipment but not yet built into rooms
Wyboston Lakes Hotel:
* 103 ensuite bedrooms, with sames beds as the executive standard
* Conference facilities include 2 large spaces and 34 smaller spaces
All the E&V Team recently went to London – visiting the range of venues of IHG to keep uptodate with the new Brand Standards within Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and Indigo Hotels.
Jackie and Evie were invited along to an Agents Day at Silverstone by Porsche – you would expect it to run like clockwork and so it did. ..
The day offered a chance to drive a Porsche on a specially designed track with built in water hazards and skid pan. We heard about the new Porsche Centre and were shown the new facilities at the race track itself.
Hotel exhibitors were present from various German Cities, giving the latest information on investment into various cities .
Evie loved the red leather interior of her Porche but couldn’t quite see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals at the same time. The mirror was well placed to do makeup and the ride was smooth enough.
She even learned all about torque versus pure speed, but also control on the amazing skid tests with water spouts and kick plates to send you in a spin.
Evie agreed that it was a brilliant day out and wanted to stay for more.
For more information on this venue and it’s facilities – contact the Events &Venues Team direct on Tel: 0117 9414 888
Jackie recently went to Epsom Race Course – part of the Jockey Club Venues - where after a few verypoorly chosen bets, was joined by Evie and Cynthia. Cynthia is a client of Events & Venues who works for a Pharmaceutical company.
Jackie and Evie took off to Copenhagen last month – visiting new venues and enjoying the sites on an organised speed boat trip.
An update on hotels and locations visited will follow shortly…
* You will see all hotels within the group up to a 4 star rating – all previous 3 star hotels have undergone refurbishments to bring them up to 4 star standard
Properties with existing leisure will see these areas refubished.